Monday, March 18, 2013

Taking Notes: Remembering the Little Things

After my oldest was born I was given lots and lots of advice. Being overwhelmed, many of the words were forgotten, but my sweet sister-in-law provided me with great insight that has lasted ever since. She said it was important to make a note of the special things that my son said or did.
(Notice she didn't say ALL the cute things, because, let's face it, there's not enough time in the world to write down ALL the cute things kids do. Plus you'd miss out on the new cute things when recording the old).
What she did (and probably still does) was keep a word document for each child and there record what special thing they accomplished, said, or did. That way she could always look back on it and when the child is old enough they can appreciate those sweet memories.
If  you are a parent, you know what happens after your baby blessings are born- LIFE GETS CRAZY.  So I listened and took to heart her advice, but instead of keeping a word document, I've been recording these precious moments on my phone. I periodically email a copy to myself for safe keeping, and its such a special thing to have to reflect on anywhere and anytime.

Here's a Sample


Sweet memories, that are way to easily forgotten, are now easier to remember than ever!
I hope you will take my advice and keep a record wherever works best for you. :) 
Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment