Monday, March 11, 2013

Personal Side Projects- Kid Aprons

I haven't been creating or sewing as much as I'd like, but fortunately my blessings are on the upside of this end of winter allergy sickness. 

In the spare time of the day (you know, those moments that are few and far between), I have been working on using some of my Grandma's materials to make aprons for the girls in my family. So, before I started an adult sized apron, I decided to attempt a children's size.  My first attempt is displayed below.
 

 


 
I used ribbons for the ties, which I'm not sure if I'd use them again (for strength and durability purposes), but I thought it coordinated well. The pocket was made from clearance material from the Hobby Lobby clearance section (the BEST place to find just a little fabric for cheap). :)
 
After I made this apron, Caleb asked a common question, "What about me?" Which made me think, boys can have manly aprons, after all he does help me in the kitchen. So, in perfect John Deere fashion, he picked out the fabrics he liked from my pile (no special trips to get fabric this time) and we created his very own apron...


 
Reversible apron...


 
Simple and cute, and I am hoping to embelish the aprons even more, well, embelish the girl's a little more at least. ;)
 
Now to go and enjoy my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment