Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wall Art

If you're anything like me there certain areas of your home that are hard to decorate. I find that problem a lot with big walls. 
So to solve that problem I went to Hobby Lobby to the clearance section and at 90% off purchased this once $119 frame  for only $11.92. 
Wow- perfect shape takes up the whole space but what to fill it with?  It is a custom frame so the size made it hard to fill the space. 
Fortunately the solution was found by purchasing thick upholstery fabric that matched the rest of the room. The fabric was stapled to and reinforced by a cardboard box that I cut into the proper dimensions. Now I know what you're thinking- why didn't I use a more durable substance? Yes wood or even metal cut to the right dimensions would have worked, but I was trying to get it all done as soon as possible because we had and company coming over. 
As a result of my rush, I did accidentally staple through some of the wood. So now you know, but hopefully nobody notices when they come over. 

Originally I thought I would use it as a picture frame. That I would actually pin pictures to the board. But because of the bold patterns I've decided to leave it as a work of art. Or at least a work of wall art. 

Blessings!!


No comments:

Post a Comment